Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trendy Plants

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I see these two plants everywhere! Television, stores, magazines, you name it. They are like the Charlie Sheen of plants. I had no idea that plants could be so trendy. The crazy thing is that I get it. There is something about these plants that is just visually pleasing.

The fantastic thing about Tillandsia, also known as "air plants", is that they can be placed anywhere. Stores have the neatest vessels for these guys (the ones in the picture are from West Elm). Another bonus is that there are so many different species, but they all look as if they belong in the same family. They have a light airy feel about them since they are not weighed down by soil.

These plants, also know as Craspedia or "billy balls" are appealing because they are so minimalistic. They compliment a room without stealing the spotlight. If these plants were a font, they'd be a sans serif. I am totally on board with both of these trendsetters and plan to get some of my own in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment