Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wine and Dine Candlesticks


I recently took on a little project and made some candleholders out of old wine bottles. I was pretty happy with the result! They have a nice rustic feel and the shades of green added some color to my room. I was totally tempted to make more, but I didn't have any more bottles on hand. It seems like this project works best with slightly different shapes and colors of bottles too. It makes for a more interesting design. I basically bought some candlesticks and carved out the bottom of them with a vegetable peeler, so that they fit in the wine bottle top and voila! It's hard to tell from this picture, but the melted wax builds up in a really cool way on the bottles. These would be great for a kitchen table since the wine bottles have a dining feeling to them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment